The GCSE AQA exam course in Design Technology gives students the opportunity  to be able to design and make products with creativity and originality, using a range of materials and techniques. Candidates will be enthused and challenged by the range of practical activities possible.

A working knowledge of woods, metals, plastics and composite materialals will be required, but other materials may be used in addition. The course consists of students responding to a design brief (supplied by the exam board) by completing a design and make portfolio which is 60% of the course. The remaining 40% is a 2 hour examination which tests students materials, technical and designing knowledge.


KS4 DT Specifications

Year 10
Year 11


Every 2 weeks and are always in the form of past paper exam questions to prepare students for the final examination