Safeguarding arrangements at this school are underpinned by these key principles:
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility: anyone who has contact with a child or young person including Governors and volunteers should play their full part in keeping children (Includes vulnerable adults when in their setting) safe;
- We will aim to protect children using national, local and school child protection procedures;
- We aim to work in partnership and have an important role in multi-agency safeguarding arrangements as set out by Working Together 2018 and KCSIE 2019;
- Anyone who has contact with a child or young person including Governors and volunteers have a clear understanding regarding abuse and neglect in all forms; including how to identify, respond and report.
- We operate a child-centred approach: a clear understanding of the needs, wishes, views and voices of children.
Key people to contact regarding safeguarding concerns:
- Your child's form tutor
- Student Support Manager, Mrs Donnelly
- Year Managers: Mrs Johnston (Years 7/8), Mr Bailey(Year9), Mrs James (Years 10/11)
- Designated Safeguard Leads, Mr Withers (Assistant Headteacher), Mrs Jesson (Headteacher), Ms Barker (Headteacher)