At New Mills School we believe in doing things the right way; starting and ending the day with the right attitude, the right ambitions and ultimately, achieving the right results. The school’s role is to maximise students' achievement and well-being along this journey, to help them succeed and thrive in the future; long after they have left. To do this we champion five core values, which are at the heart of how we think, interact and behave throughout the school.
We are committed to:
- Promoting desired behaviour.
- Promoting self-esteem, self-discipline and positive relationships based on mutual respect.
- Ensuring equality and fairness of treatment for all.
- Rewarding good behaviour.
- Challenging, disciplining and changing poor behaviour.
- Providing a safe environment; free from disruption, violence, discrimination, bullying and any form of harassment.
- Developing a positive relationship with parents and carers.
- Developing relationships with our students which ensure effective early intervention.
- A shared approach which involves them in the implementation of the school’s policy and associated procedures.
- Promoting a culture of praise and encouragement in which all students can achieve and recognise the achievements of themselves and others.
Our Respect, Responsibility and Resilience Pyramid is used in lessons to ensure a positive learning climate is evident in all lessons.