Vision and Values
We aim to empower everyone to be the best that they can be, optimising their future success, well-being and contribution to society. Engagement with our community is at the heart of all that we do, responding to the needs and aspirations of all our stakeholders to create a friendly and inclusive school community that is rich in variety and diversity.
At New Mills School we work with all our students to enable them to :
- Achieve the highest personal academic standards and progress in all areas of the curriculum.
- Develop outstanding levels of literacy and numeracy.
- Develop high self-esteem and aspirations.
- Respect members of their community and their environment.
- Celebrate diversity.
- Extend themselves academically, physically, spiritually and morally.
- Become life-long learners, flexible and adaptable for the modern world.
- Work both collaboratively and independently as appropriate.
- Acquire employability skills for economic wellbeing.
Our values are based on the school motto ‘Let Right be Done’